When it comes to the most stylish, durable, and thin monitors, the name Acer always comes on top. Be it their video quality, sound, or even material, everything is top-notch.
However, one thing that a number of Acer users face is the “Acer no signal issue.” When you have this issue, it doesn’t let you enjoy your favourite TV shows while it keeps showing the “No signal” message.
Also, these Acer no signal issues have different types with different indication messages. According to the modal, this issue’s indication may vary. So, what’s the solution? Don’t worry as we’ve put together all the Acer no signal issues in this article with their causes and solutions.
All you have to do is to go through this article till the end so you can learn everything in a good way.
We assure you, no matter what “Acer no signal issue” you’re having, you’ll be able to solve it after going through this ultimate guide.
Without making you wait more, let’s dive into the topic.
Acer Monitor No Signal Issue
It’s crucial for you to know what this issue is before getting to the solutions.” No signal” is an error usually faced by Acer monitor users. When you turn on your computer monitor, you may get a ‘No Signal’ error message.
This issue prevents you from accessing your Windows desktop and the video output. A lot of folks believe that this issue is because of the windows system, however, This problem has nothing to do with your Windows system. It happens due to the following mentioned Causes.
What are the Causes of Acer Monitor No Signal Issues?
There are many causes of no-signal issues. When your Acer monitor shows no signal error, it’s usually because of a problem in the hardware connections. Like, when your monitor is damaged or there are any problems with your computer itself, then this issue occurs.
The wrong input source you’re using to connect devices like a PC or a game console to your monitor could be the cause of this problem.
At times, when you accidentally or intentionally put your PC in sleeping mode, it starts showing no signal error. However, this error is too easy to fix. You can simply turn off the sleep mode of the PC by pressing any key on the keyboard and the issue will be fixed.
The last possible reason that may cause Acer no single issue is your graphics card. When the graphics card isn’t inserted well into its slot, then it becomes the cause of having these errors in your Acer monitor. But, don’t fret as all of your issues have a solution in this piece of writing.
All Acer No Signal Errors Solutions
You could be having any of the following issues:
- Acer monitor no signal orange light
- Acer monitor no signal HDMI
- Acer monitor no signal then goes black
- Acer monitor no signal VGA
- Acer monitor flashing orange light
- Acer monitor not displaying
- Acer monitor black screen
- Acer monitor turns on but no display
The solutions are the same for all of the above-mentioned Acer No signal issues. We will mention all the possible solutions to these annoying errors. You can try out all of them to see which one is the greatest fit for you.We’re sure that one of these ways will surely help you to get rid of this issue. So, read on!
1. Restart Your Computer
The easiest and best method of fixing the Acer monitor no signal issue is to restart your computer. Yes, you heard that right. Many people had reported this problem to us, and so we suggested this simple solution.You can try them all out to determine which one is the best match for you.
2. Update The Drivers of Your Graphics Card
Vulnerabilities in the graphics card driver of your computer can also cause no signal issues. You can resolve this issue just by updating the drivers. But, remember, since your main Acer monitor isn’t showing the display, you’ll need an external monitor to update the drivers. Because everything will be done on your PC.
The Graphics drivers can be updated from methods. One is automatic and the second one is manual. The manual one may take a bit of your time while the automatic one is the quick one.
Automatic Graphics Driver Update
Download an application on your computer called Driver Easy. This application will help you update your graphic driver with no hassle.
Everything will be handled by this app itself. You won’t need to do anything except install it from its official website. Run it on your PC once it’s been installed. Then, there will be an option called “Scan Now”. Click on it. Now, Driver Easy will start scanning all the issues with your system’s graphic card driver.
Next, once the application is done scanning, you now have to click on the “Update” option.
The update will start the automatic driver updating process, which fetches the latest version of the drivers and installs them on your PC automatically. However, if you think that there is anything wrong with other drivers on your computer, then you can click on the “Update all” option.
It’ll detect all the outdated drivers on your system and then install their latest versions. However, in the Pro edition of the Driver Easy application, you can choose the Update all option. If you desire, you can obtain it.
Manual Way To Update Graphics Driver
Head over to the official website of the graphic card’s manufacturer and look for the most recent version of the GPU drivers. Once you find them, install them on your PC. But, make sure that the driver you’re installing is compatible with your system.
3. Check If The Graphics Is Misplaced
Most users take out the graphics card from their system and then don’t put it firmly into the slot. As a result, they get to see that “No signal” message on their monitor. This might the issue with you as well. As a result, you may quickly resolve the issue by removing the graphics card from the computer and firmly replacing it in its slot.
- Turn your computer off and unplug all of the wires, including the power cord.
- Go to the GPU slot after opening your PC’s case.
- Once you’ve discovered it, take it out of the slot and replace it securely.
- Now, plug in the cables that you had disconnected, including the power cable, and turn on your computer.
- Then, Keep holding the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute, then reconnect and turn on your power cord. The issue should be resolved now.
4. Examine the Connection Between Your Computer and Your Monitor
Usually, people turn on their monitor but forget to turn on their PC. Hence, the monitor starts showing these sorts of “no signal errors.”
Also, it happens when the HDMI cable is either loose or not properly plugged into the computer’s slot. Simply disconnect and re-plug the HDMI cable into the port to see if it helps.
- Shut down your computer and monitor.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the computer and the monitor.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Then, firmly plug in the HDMI cable at both ends.
- Turn on both your monitor and computer.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
5. Check if Your Computer is in Safe Mode
Most of the time, users put their PC into safe mode and then forget to turn it off. Thus, the issue of no signal occurs. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to turn off the computer’s safe mode.
You can easily do this by pressing any key on your keyboard. If this method fails to turn off the safe mode, you can try out other methods available on the internet.
6. Reset To Factory Settings
Acer monitors have an amazing feature called “Factory Reset”. This feature is not valued as much as it should be. Because it has the potential to resolve more serious issues with your monitor than you may realise. But, how can you do that?
- First of all, connect any external monitor to your PC on which you can see the results and apply the tricks.
- Then, turn on the PC and let it load completely.
- Press the Windows key and the P key at the same time after the loading is complete.
- Then hit the “Easy Display Switcher” option.
- And then a new section will appear on your screen. Now, select the “Computer” option only.
- After that, just shut down your PC as the process is done.Then restart your computer to see if the problem has been repaired.
7. Examine The Input Source
Mostly, your monitor has multiple input sources. For example,VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DP, allow you to connect your monitor to any other external device. However multiple input sources can cause the wrong input source issues.
This issue may appear as a No signal on your screen.As a result, you must determine whether there is an incorrect input source. How will you do that?
- Turn on your computer along with your monitor.Then click the “Menu” button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, head over to the “Input Source” option and choose the right settings from there. If your display is connected to an HDMI port on your computer, choose HDMI as the input source. Check to see if it works.
This method should work for you if the issue was because of the wrong input source. If it doesn’t, don’t panic; there are alternative options available to you.
8. Reset the BIOS To Its Default Settings
A lot of times, the graphics card of your system gets disabled for various reasons. Thus, the Acer monitor may have no signal issue. What is the best course of action? You can fix it by resetting your computer’s BIOS to its default settings.
- First and foremost, allow your computer to start.
- Keep pressing the Delete key on your keyboard until the BIOS windows emerge after the first starting window appears.
- Then, hit the f9 key and the BIOS loading will start.
- From there, you’ll get different options in which you can make changes. But, we recommend you do not get into any settings other than resetting the BIOS to default. Because any wrong setting of the BIOS can cause a lot of issues in the system that are quite hard to resolve.
- So, when you’re done resetting the settings, use f10 to save the settings, and then to exist, you can press Enter.
9. Check Your Monitor
If all of the above-mentioned methods didn’t work for you, then check if there is any damage to the monitor itself. You can do this by taking your cable and monitor to your friend and then trying to use their system. First of all, use your cable on your friend’s monitor. If it’s working well then there is no fault in your cable.
Then, you have to connect your monitor to his system and then see whether your monitor is working or not. If your monitor doesn’t work, then the monitor is damaged. Then it’s in vain to follow all these methods and better to just go and get your eyes on a new monitor.
However, if your monitor works, then it’s okay and there is no fault with the cables or anything else.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Fix My Acer Monitor with no signal?
You can try updating the graphics driver, plugging and unplugging the HDMI cables, resetting the BIOS, or performing a factory reset. If none of these methods work, check if there is something wrong with the monitor itself.
Why Is My Acer Monitor Not Displaying?
It’s possible your monitor is damaged or the connection between your monitor and computer is loose.
Why Is My Monitor Saying No Signal?
It’s usually because of the hardware of your monitor and computer.
No single issue is usually because of the hardware issues with your monitor that you can easily fix by applying the above mentioned methods. No matter what type of no-signal issue you have, the reasons and the solution will be the same.
We’ve covered all the possible reasons and solutions to this issue. We’re sure that you’ll be able to fix this issue after applying the method. However, if none of the methods work, it’s better to check your monitor.
That’s it. If you have any questions, you can talk to us in the comment section.