We hope you would agree with us when we say: “Virtual Reality is the future”
People use virtual reality for playing games and watching movies.
But, how about using the VR headset as your display monitor?
We often get asked questions like these, whether we can use the VR headset as a monitor? Can a VR headset replace a display monitor?
To answer all your questions, we have put together this detailed guide, so you can get your answers in detail.
The simple and straightforward answer is “Yes”. You can use the VR headset as your monitor replacement. You can easily replace the traditional computer monitor by using a high-end computer monitor.
A few years back, when VR technology was newly introduced, it was not possible to replace the computer monitor with VR headsets.
But now, the technology has dramatically improved, with the invention of new VR headsets like Varjo’s VR Headset, now you can easily replace your monitor with the VR Headset.
These new VR headsets allow you to use the screen virtually without any physical monitor, which is absolutely amazing.
Before you go any further, let’s get the definition of VR.
A Virtual Desktop is a simulation of your real desktop in the augmented reality (AR). Thus, you can watch all your desktop apps on your VR box without the usage of any external monitor.
Primarily, VR boxes were used for vehicle simulation and gaming. Now, these VR boxes are used for a variety of tasks, including as a replacement for desktop monitors.
- The VR Headset can be a great replacement for people, who do not have the space to stack several PC monitors. They can simply use the VR box to create a dynamic working environment without requiring any monitor at all. Thus, ultimately saving you a lot of space.
- VR box completely removes distractions from the environment. Since you do not have any external distractions, you can completely focus on your work and have increased productivity.
- The VR Headset also offers you superior privacy. So, if you are working in a co-working space, with a lot of colleagues, and you are not interested in sharing the computer screen with them, users can use the VR headset instead of the monitor.
- Another cool thing about VR headsets is their ultimate portability. You can easily carry it along with you while traveling, which makes it a perfect fit for people who are always on the go.
- The very first thing, that can be a deal-breaker for most people is the price of the VR headset. Good quality VR headsets can cost you anywhere from 1,000USD to 10,000USD, which is quite expensive when compared to external monitors.
- The VR headsets can be hard on the eyes. Thus, VR headsets can be troublesome to people with eye ailments.
- Lastly, there is a very limited number of VR applications available as of now. Thus, you cannot completely cut away from your external monitor, and replace it with a VR headset.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Use VR Headset Instead of a Monitor?
Yes, You can use the VR headset instead of a monitor to display the computer screen. However, there are pros and cons of using the VR headset instead of a computer monitor, which you can check above.
Are the VR Headsets Expensive than the Monitors?
Yes, as virtual reality(also known as VR or AR) technology is fairly new in the market, thus the price of VR headsets is way more than the traditional PC monitors.
Are the VR Headsets Good for Work?
With the invention of the latest VR technology, the newer VR headsets are perfect for long-term work, as they offer high-resolution graphics, that are super-easy on the eyes.
Are the VR Headsets Good for Gaming?
Yes, the VR headsets are perfect for gaming. In fact, most people get VR headsets for gaming and other graphical tasks.
The VR headsets are getting more, and more popular with every single passing day. Thus, more and more people are getting into VR games.
In this blog post, we have answered the most frequently asked question, whether “we can use the VR headset as a monitor?”.
We have answered this question in detail. So, you can decide for yourself whether to get the VR headset or not.