The digital era has surfaced in all the technology advancements happening today. Nowadays, it is very easy to use two computers together by connecting them to a single monitor. Although, the connection between two monitors and one computer system is quite long, and also this requires a large workplace to be set up.
Hence, to eradicate this problem, we need to have an alternative, and that is the connection between two computers and a single monitor. The connection setup is easy to execute and also has the edge over the connection between two monitors and a single computer. The setup offers a faster processor performance.
How to Connect Two Computers to One Monitor Without KVM?
This article gives you some steps to connect two computers together to one monitor via the VGA port:
- Monitors nowadays have multiple ports available on them, but we generally prefer the VGA port to enable the connection between two computers and a monitor.
- First of all, you need to get on a cable out of your VGA toolkit. Then, you need to locate the VGA port on your system, that is, the monitor.
- After the VGA port is discovered on the system, just connect the VGA cable to the VGA port of the monitor.
- Then, you must also locate the HDMI port on the monitor. Connect another cable to the HDMI port.
- Then, connect the other end of the VGA cable to one of the computers. After that, connect one end of the HDMI cable to another computer.
- Move on to the ‘Internal Input Selection’ settings on the monitor.
- Move on to the ‘Connect’ option and select the two computer systems displayed on the screen after making up the connections.
- Then, click on ‘OK.’
- Your two computers connected to the monitor are ready to use now.
- If any optimization of settings related to brightness, contrast, or sharpness persists, then you need to update the settings as per your need in your system’s ‘Display Settings’.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can two computers share 1 USB hub?
No, a USB hub can support only one computer. However, you can use a USB splitter to connect more than one computer to a USB hub.
Can you combine a laptop with a desktop?
Yes, a connection between a laptop and a desktop can be set up by using an Ethernet cable. One end of the Ethernet cable is inserted into the port at the back of the desktop PC, and then the other end is plugged into the port present on the laptop.
So, the setup between two computers and a monitor is very easy to execute and thus needs a careful follow-up of some easy steps only. The steps that are required for the connection are very easy to execute.
You need to be a little vigilant while establishing the connection and setup the settings properly. The slots to be used up need to be located very carefully. The wires should be well optimized with the system.