When you make a dual monitor connection to your system you tend to make the connection so that you may multitask and save time. A dual monitor connection is very useful and at the same time, it is very easy to establish. Actually, dual monitors show up the same work which is being run on the desktop screen or we can say that the dual monitor acts as an extended monitor for an elongated visual experience.
This article highlights the way by which you can display different things on the two monitors connected as dual monitors.
How do I Display Different Things on Two Monitors?
- Look on to the video port of your computer and connect the two monitors to different video ports of the system. Ensure that each monitor is connected to different monitor video ports of the system.
- There are mainly two types of video ports mainly, VGA and DVI ports on your computer. Laptops may have external video ports on them. You may also use the HDMI port for making the connection.
- Now click anywhere on the desktop screen and then select the “Screen resolution” from the menu that pops up on the screen. Then click on the detect option to see the displays that the two monitors show. The options are mainly present on the top of the screen.
- Click on the menu that is shown alongside the drop-down menu and select the option “Multiple Displays” and then select the “Extend these displays” option.
- You may select the monitors to select which monitor you wish to be the major display and which one you need to select as the minor display. Select the same option for enabling the same display on both monitors.
- Then on the top right side you may see the icons that display the screens for the monitors. Check for the screens once more. Then click on OK and then select the option “Apply”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get my second monitor to stop mirroring?
Go on to the following steps:
Plug out your second monitor>Then plug it in again>Move on to the option of System Preferences>Then march on to the Display option>Check for the Arrangement option>Then you need to uncheck or disable the option “Mirror Displays Box” to stop the second monitor from mirroring.
How do I switch between screens in windows?
You can use the shortcut button combination to do this task:
Press on to the Windows icon button along with the Ctrl button plus the Left arrow button. You may press the Windows button along with the Ctrl button and the right button also.
So, altogether two shortcut options are available.
- Windows button+Ctrl+left arrow button.
- Windows button+Ctrl+right arrow button.
The steps to have different displays for both your monitors are very easy. This might enhance the productivity of the use of your monitors and might give you an edge to perform multiple tasks at the same time with good visual experiences.