Nintendo Switch Lite is a handheld device, intended to be played in the traditional PSP style.
Although it’s a perfect handheld gaming console with excellent performance, still, people like me who are used to playing games on the bigger screen do not get intended with this small display.
Here is the spoiler:
You cannot connect your Nintendo Switch Lite directly to the TV like it’s the case with the regular Nintendo Switch that comes with the docking option.
However, the good news here is that you can connect Nintendo Switch Lite with your TV to enjoy your games on the bigger display by using some simple tweaks.
In this blog post, we will show you how you can easily connect the Nintendo Switch Lite with your TV in very straightforward, and easy to follow steps.
Steps for How to Connect Nintendo Switch Lite to TV
Firstly, you will need some accessories in order to connect your Nintendo Switch Lite to the TV, as Nintendo has knowingly removed the TV connectivity.
Here are the things required:
- Firstly, you will require a mobile phone (we will show you why).
- A Charging port-HDMI converter (e.g USB-C to HDMI converter).
- A tripod stand for your mobile device.
- Switch console stand.
- A gaming console controller.
- Lastly, you need an HDMI controller.
- First of all, connect the charging port-HDMI cable converter to your mobile device.
- Now, attach one end of the HDMI cable to the converter, and the other end of the cable to the TV.
- Put the mobile phone in the tripod stand.
- Afterwards, put the Nintendo Switch Lite in the Switch console stand right before the tripod. So that, the whole screen of the Nintendo Switch Lite shows up in the camera of your mobile phone.
- Now, tune the input mode of the TV to HDMI.
- If the default camera app of your mobile phone is not letting you use the camera while it’s hooked up to the TV on HDMI, then you will have to find a 3rd party camera application that lets you use the camera while on HDMI.
- If you are on Android, you can use the “Open Camera” app on your mobile phone, it’s available on the Playstore.
- Now, you have to make adjustments to the tripod stand, and the Switch console stand.
- As if it shows you the screen in the best possible way.
- Connect your gaming console controller to the switch, and bang you have successfully connected your Nintendo Switch Lite to the TV.
You can read it also : How to Install Google Apps on Hisense smart TV
How does it Work (Simplified)?
You have to connect your Nintendo Switch Lite with a gaming console controller. Afterward, you have to put a connection between your TV, and your mobile device by using an HDMI cable, and a converter.
Finally, you have to put the Nintendo Switch infront of the camera to enjoy playing games on the big-scree.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can we Connect the Nintendo Switch Lite directly to TV?
No, you cannot cannot the Nintendo Switch Lite directly to the TV as it’s the case with the regular Nintendo Switch.
Is there any Latency Issue in this Setup?
Well, there is a very minor latency difference in this setup. Although it’s cool for the regular gaming sessions, when you do not need super-high latency, still it’s not the perfect fit for competitive gaming.
Is this Setup Reliable for Long-term?
Yes, this setup is super-reliable for long-term.
How is the Picture Quality?
The picture quality on this setup is decent with high-quality display. In order to be more precise, the display quality of this setup depends upon the quality of your mobile camera.
Can We Fit Nintendo Switch Lite in the regular Switch Dock?
No, the Lite version of the Nintendo Switch does not support the regular dock, instead you can follow these steps to connect your Switch Lite to TV.
Connecting Switch Lite directly to the TV is not officially supported by default, still, you can follow this guide to connect your Nintendo Switch Lite to TV.
If you have any problem in connecting your Switch Lite to TV, tell us in the comments section below, we would love to help you out.