So, you have a reserve VGA monitor at home, and you want to utilize it by connecting it to your
Connecting the PS4 to a PC monitor can be a nightmare, let alone connecting it to a VGA monitor.
But don’t get worried, in this blog post, we will show you a tried and tested process that you can follow to connect the PS4 to a VGA monitor.
That being said, let’s check out the details.
How to Connect the PS4 to Monitor Without HDMI Port
You can easily connect the PS4 to a VGA monitor without an HDMI port by following these simple steps. However, you will have to need a few things in order to get the job done.
Here Are the Things You Need:
- HDMI to VGA Cable
- PC Monitor
- External Speakers
Steps for Connecting the PS4 Video to Monitor Through VGA Cable
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the PS4 and the other end splitter cable to the VGA port of your PC monitor.
- If required, select the right aspect ratio, and screen resolution using one of the buttons on your PC monitor (optional).
- BANG! Now you have successfully connected your PS4 to the monitor using the VGA port.
Steps for Connecting the PS4 Audio to Monitor Through VGA Cable
Connecting the audio to other consoles is very hectic and troublesome. For connecting the Xbox One audio to a PC monitor, you have to use several cables and converters. There is an AUX port available on the PS4, that you can use to easily connect your external speakers to the PS4.
- For connecting the PS4 audio, you simply have to plug in your external speakers into the 3.5mm audio jack of your PS4.
Fixing PS4 to VGA Monitor Input not Supported Error
If the PS4 is showing “input not supported” while connected to a VGA monitor, then probably your VGA monitor does not support the graphic resolution produced by your PS4.
Here is how to get rid of this annoying error, and start playing your favorite titles on the PS4.
- Firstly, Checkout the screen resolution supported by the VGA monitor on the manufacturer’s website.
- Disconnect your PS4 from the VGA monitor, and connect it to your TV.
- Now, go to the setting of your PS4, and select the Video Settings, and choose the right display resolution that your monitor supports.
- Disconnect the monitor from the TV, and connect it back to the PC monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Connect VGA Monitor to PS4?
Yes, you can connect the VGA monitor to the PS4. You have to use a PS4 to VGA splitter for this purpose. Connecting the PS4 audio is also a no-brainer, as you simply have to connect the external speakers directly into the 3.5mm port available on the PS4.
Can We Connect Wireless Speakers to PS4?
Sadly, you cannot connect the wireless speakers directly to the PS4, as it does not support Bluetooth connectivity. However, you can use the wired speakers to get the audio on your external speakers.
Can We Connect Speakers Directly to PS4?
Unlike the Xbox 360, and Xbox One, the PS4 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, that allows you to directly connect the external speakers to the PS4.
So, yes, you can connect the speakers directly to the PS4.
Most gamers get confused while connecting their PS4 to VGA monitors, as you will need a few extra splitters and cables in order to connect it.
In this blog post, we have thoroughly explained how to connect the PS4 to a VGA monitor easily.
If you are facing any errors, feel free to start a discussion below.