Connecting the speakers to a PC monitor can be a daunting task, especially, if your monitor does not have built-in speakers.
In this detailed guide, we will show you how to connect speakers to monitor with an HDMI cable easily.
That being said, let’s checkout the process.
Connecting Speakers to Monitor with HDMI Cable
Before you jump further into the details, you have to check whether your monitor has built-in speakers or not.
So, you can easily navigate to the right process.
How to Check if Your Monitor has Built-in Speakers?
There are a few methods that you can use to check whether your monitor has built-in speakers or not.
- Firstly, you have to check the model of your monitor. Usually, it’s written on the back of the monitor. Afterward, go to the manufacturer’s website, and checkout in the specifications whether your monitor has built-in speakers or not.
- Secondly, you can checkout manually, look around for the holes on the sides of your monitor. Usually, the monitor with speakers has bigger holes than the normal monitors. If your monitor has larger than normal holes, then it probably has built-in speakers.
- Another indicator that you can use to check whether your monitor has built-in speakers or not is to check whether it has an audio input jack or not. Don’t confuse the audio input jack with the audio output jack.
Steps for Connecting Monitor to Built-in Speakers with HDMI
So, if you have figured out that you have built-in speakers in your monitor.
Here are easy-to-follow steps that you can follow to connect speakers to your monitor with an HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your gaming console, Blu-ray cable, or PC, and the other end of the cable to your monitor.
- That’s it. Now you should be able to hear the sound from the built-in speakers of your monitor.
Steps for Connecting Monitor to Speaker with HDMI Cable
If your monitor does not have built-in speakers, and has an audio output jack, you can easily connect speakers with your monitor using an HDMI cable and AUX cable.
Here is what you need:
- HDMI Cable
- AUX Cable
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the gaming console or PC and the other end of the HDMI cable to the monitor.
- Now, attach one end of the AUX cable to the external speakers, and the other end of the AUX cable to the output jack of your monitor.
- TADA! You should be able to hear the sound of your external speakers through the monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Connect Speakers with Monitor Through HDMI?
Yes, you can easily connect your speakers with the monitor using the HDMI cable. If you have built-in speakers, then you do not need to connect any external cable.
However, if you do not have built-in speakers, then you have to use an AUX cable in order to connect to the external speakers.
Can We Connect Monitor with Speakers through HDMI with AUX?
If your monitor has an audio output port, then you can use it to connect external speakers using an AUX cable.
How to Connect Speaker with Monitor without AUX Cable?
Well, you have to use an HDMI splitter with your gaming console if you want to enjoy sound on your monitor if it does not have built-in speakers or an audio output port.
In this detailed guide, we have shown you how to connect speakers with a monitor with HDMI. You can follow this step-by-step guide to connect your speakers with a monitor with an HDMI cable.