No doubt, Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular gaming consoles on the face of the planet.
All the Nintendo Switch consoles (except the Switch Lite) come with a dock that allows you to dock it to the TV.
Also, you can use it as a portable device.
But a lot of times the dock gets broken, or you don’t have it with you on the spot, and you want to play it on the big-screen.
Luckily, even if you do not have the dock, you can still connect the Nintendo Switch to TV without the dock.
In this detailed guide, we will show you how to connect Nintendo Switch directly to TV without the need of a dock.
Enough talking, let’s checkout the method straightaway.
Connecting Switch to TV without the Dock
Connecting the Nintendo Switch to TV without a dock is not very sophisticated, all you need is an adapter that allows you to charge the Switch as well as connect it to the TV.
Here are things required for connecting the Nintendo Switch Lite to TV.
- Apapter for Nintendo Switch
- HDMI Cable
- A Holder
- USB Type-C Cable
- Charging Adapter
Steps for Connecting the Switch to TV
- Firstly, you will need to put the Nintendo Switch on a tripod stand or a holder. So, your switch does not get heated up during the gameplay.
- Now, you will need to connect the adapter to the Nintendo switch using the USB-C cable.
- Connect the Type-C side of the charging cable to the adapter, and the other end of the charging cable to the charging adapter.
- Also, connect the HDMI cable to the Nintendo Switch as well as to your TV.
- Tune the TV source to HDMI from the source settings.
- Bang, now, you will be able to see all the contents of your Switch on the bigger screen.
You can read it also : How to connect Samsung Smart TV to Yamaha Receiver
Alternative Method of Connecting Switch to TV without Dock
If you do not have the adapter at home, you can also use a USB-C to HDMI cable to connect your Switch to TV without using the dock.
Here is are the things required:
- USB-C Cable (for charging)
- Charging Adapter
- USB-C to HDMI cable
- Alternatively, you can also use the USB-C to HDMI converter, and attach HDMI cable on both the ends.
- Phone Holder
Steps for Connecting Nintendo Switch to TV Without Using the Dock
- Firstly, connect USB-C cable to the Nintendo Switch and Charging Adapter for charging purposes.
- Now, connect the USB-C cable to the Nintendo Switch, and the HDMI cable on the back of the TV.
- Put the phone on the phone holder in order to keep it aligned, and more importantly cooler.
- Change the source from the source settings of the TV using the TV remote.
- Now, you will be able to see the Switch gaming console contents on the big screen.
Check it : How to Connect Nintendo Switch Lite to TV
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Connect Nintendo Switch to TV without Using Dock?
Yes, you can connect the Nintendo Switch to TV without using the dock. All you have to do is to follow the above given step-by-step guide.
What Do We Require for Connecting Switch to TV?
Well, you need to have a USB-C to HDMI cable, and a USB charging cable in order to connect it to the TV without any dock.
Is the Setup for Connecting Switch to TV Reliable?
Yes, the setup for connecting the Nintendo Switch to TV is super-reliable, as you would put it on a phone holder, and use cables, which ultimately replicates the docking setup.
We all love to enjoy Nintendo Switch on the bigger screen.
Nintendo Switch comes with a dock included, if due to some reason you have lost the dock and are looking for an alternative method to connect the Switch to TV without the dock, we have included a complete step-by-step guide.
If you are still confused, tell us in the comments section below, we would love to help you out.