The monitor is an important component of the computer system. It has various uses which range from being the most common output device to the only display unit of the computer set. This makes the monitor the most versatile component of a desktop computer.
Nowadays, monitors come up with a special feature that is speakers inbuilt into them. This feature of the monitors makes it more interesting to use, as this newly enabled feature has given an impetus to us that we may use the system without speakers. Also, the new feature that has been inculcated in the computer systems nowadays is that of HIGH DEFINITION display. Yes, monitors have this feature and this sometimes creates various problems for the user.
This article deals with the issue of color problems in monitors. The reason why it occurs and how to rectify the issue.
Reason that Causes Monitor Color Problems
The most common reason for color issues in monitors usually occurs when your computer is set on to the output content in the RGB format. The issue can be explained with a very simple example- If the settings are enabled to RGB then for 16 as the blackest color your computer monitor may give out grey. This would be giving out a very bright color.
How to Fix Monitor Color Problem? – Steps
Without wasting our time, lets discuss how to fix monitor color issues with the help of the following steps:
- Turn “ON” your PC and the system’s monitor. Please check the power wire is properly connected to the PC and the monitor.
- Now, go on to the user manual of your monitor and see the “Default Settings“. Once you get them set your monitor to the “Default Settings” using the instructions given in the manual.
- Now, move on the “Start Button” that is present on the taskbar on the taskbar of the desktop. Then, march on towards the control panel.
- Go on to the Appearance and Personalization option and then click on the option “Display“. Various options will open up on your screen and then you can adjust these for your monitor.
Now, follow up on the steps that are given below:
- Select “Change Display Settings“.
- Then, move on to “Advanced Settings“.
- You will see the “Colors” tab now.
- After that select “Monitor“.
- Select “True Color” from the options available.
- Click on “Apply“. Then “Ok“.
These are some steps that are general to a monitor and can be applied whenever an issue occurs to a monitor.
Now, talking about some particular monitors we may be now specific to some particular steps that are unique to different computer systems.
1. Fixing Monitor Color Problem on Windows 10
WINDOWS 10, has been a popular operating system for years on. It is supported by almost all computer systems. If there occurs any problem with WINDOWS 10 regarding the color issue, then you may proceed with the steps mentioned below:
- Move on to settings.
- Then march on to ‘Display’.
- Then select ‘Calibrate color’.
- Now, set all the parameters like brightness, contrast, and gamma settings.
2. Fixing Monitor Color Problem on Windows 7
To rectify the color issue problem with a WINDOWS 7, follow up the steps given below:
- Click on ‘Display Settings’.
- A new window appears on your screen.
- Now, you may get an option to change the appearance of your display. For doing that click on ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Monitor tab’ and select ‘True colour’.
3. Fixing Monitor Color Problem on Windows 11
Now, if anything happens with the color appearance of your WINDOWS 11, then follow up the steps given below:
- Go on to the ‘Display settings” option.
- Now, select “Advanced settings“.
- Optimize the warm color range of your desktop and set several other parameters as well.
- Now, click on Apply and then OK.
You can also visit our detailed review on the Best Monitor for Color Accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why has my monitor gone pink?
The most common reason behind this would be that you may run up your video file on the wrong video player that does not support the video’s extension.
How do I refresh my graphics card?
There is a very simple shortcut key combination to refresh your graphics card. Just hold on and press on it and your graphic card would be refreshed.
Shortcut key combination: Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B.
Thus, if any problem occurs with the color display of your monitor then you need to follow some simple steps and then check whether the different parameters are set to their optimum value or not.