Hiding the taskbar is actually a kid’s play and can be done by following up a very small set of steps. The hiding of the taskbar is essential because it sometimes satisfies your wish for a larger desktop screen and also gives you a way to ultimately remove the taskbar if you are not using the icons present over it very frequently or very often.
Also, the procedure to remove the taskbar varies from desktop brand to brand but given below is a general set of steps to hide the taskbar which generally works out for almost all desktop brands.
How to Hide Taskbar? – Steps
Lets discuss how to hide taskbar with the help of the following steps:
- Press on the “Taskbar” and right-click for a bit longer time say 3-4 seconds on the empty space of the taskbar.
- Now, select “Taskbar Settings“.
- Go on to “Behaviors“.
- Now, select the option, Automatically hide the taskbar.
Further, this article talks about the different steps that are applicable to different operating systems of desktops. Just, have a look at them:
Hide Taskbar on the Second Monitor
To hide the taskbar of your second monitor you need to carefully follow up the steps given below:
- Right-click anywhere on the taskbar.
- Then click on ‘Taskbar Settings’.
- Then, move on to select the option ‘Show Taskbar on all displays’ and put it on the ‘OFF’ mode.
- If you want you may Fine-tune the taskbar settings to get the desired taskbar whenever you re-enable it again.
Hide the Taskbar on Mac
The MacBook series has dominated the whole computer industry. It can now be seen with everyone in their offices and homes. This section mainly discusses the ways to hide the taskbar on your mac if you don’t use it much frequently-
- Go on and open up the option of ‘System Preferences’.
- Now, locate the Dock and Menu Bar icon and click on it.
- Just below the window you will see an option Automatically hide and show the menu bar.
- Now click on this box and you will see that the menu bar vanishes on its own.
Hide Taskbar on Chromebook
To hide the taskbar on your Chromebook model you need to follow up on the steps given below:
- On Chromebook generally the taskbar option refers to the shelf and the status area.
- First of all, you need to right-click.
- Then select the option ‘Autohide shelf’.
Hide Taskbar on Windows
The task of hiding the taskbar can be accomplished on windows by:
- Press on and hold on or you may just right-click any empty space on the taskbar.
- Then, select the option ‘Taskbar Settings’.
- Then, select ‘Behaviors’.
- Then, move on to select ‘Automatically hide the taskbar.’
Hide the Taskbar on Windows 10
- Go on to the taskbar and right-click on it. Then, select the option ‘Taskbar settings’. Also, be very careful while clicking on the taskbar because you need to right-click on a blank space and not at all on any icon.
- Then follow the arrowheads-
- Start Menu>Settings>Personalization>Taskbar.
- Then a menu will appear in front of you and out of that you need to select the option ‘Automatically hide the taskbar.
Hide the Taskbar on Windows 11
Windows 11 also follows almost the same steps as in Windows 10 to hide the taskbar but with a slight difference. Just to recapitulate the steps again look at them as given below:
- Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar.
- Select ‘Taskbar settings’.
- Then, move on to Taskbar Behaviors.
- Then, select ‘Automatically hide the taskbar.
Hide the Taskbar on Chrome
To hide the taskbar on chrome just follow up on the steps given below:
- Go on to the Address bar and in that type “about:flags”.
- Put on the Enter button.
- Go on scrolling the menu until you get the Compact Navigation option.
- Then after some time the browser will restart itself and then you may right-click on one of the tabs that show up and then select ‘Hide the toolbar’.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my taskbar not hiding?
You may be attempting the set of steps in the wrong manner. Just be careful and try to understand the procedure carefully before performing the procedure again. The procedure is-
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Then, click on the Taskbar settings.
- A window appears before you that you may select Automatically hide the taskbar.
What key combination hides the toolbar?
You may press the ‘Ctrl+Esc’ key combination to hide the toolbar. To re-enable the taskbar you may again press the key combination.
So the steps are almost similar in each case, you just need to show up a little care when you are performing the task of hiding the taskbar. You may re-enable the taskbar whenever you feel so by just following up the same set of steps.