With the invention of technologies like the Miracast, and the Apple Airplay, mirroring your phone screen on your TV is like 123.
But there are times when we do not have access to the WIFI and want to cast our mobile phone on the big screen.
In this guide, we will show you how to mirror a phone screen to your TV without WIFI.
Mirroring Phone to TV Without Using the WIFI
Well, you can easily mirror your mobile phone to TV without WIFI using a wired connection. In this method, you do not need WIFI or mobile internet to connect to the TV.
All you need to have is an “HDMI to mobile charging jack converter”, and an HDMI cable. The type of converter depends upon the charging port of your mobile device.
If you have the latest Android mobile, then you probably need a USB-C to HDMI converter.
Always ensure that you get the right type of converter according to the type of mobile devices you are using.
Steps for Connecting Mobile to TV Without WIFI
- Connect one end of the HDMI to the Charging Jack converter to your mobile phone.
- Now connect the HDMI cable to the converter as well as to your TV.
- Select the right input type from the TV source.
- Voila, you should be able to watch your mobile phone content on your TV now.
How to Connect Mobile to TV Via Chromecast Without Using WIFI
Alternatively, you can also use the Chromecast to mirror your phone screen to TV without using WIFI.
Instead of using the WIFI, you can use your mobile’s hotspot to connect to the Chromecast.
Unlike the wired method given above, you can wirelessly connect your mobile to TV using a Chromecast device.
Steps for Mirroring Mobile to TV Using Chromecast
- First of all, connect the Chromecast device to the TV by plugging it in the HDMI port.
- Change the AV source using the TV remote.
- Now, you will see the setup wizard for the Chromecast setup.
- Enable the mobile data on your mobile device, and turn on the hotspot.
- Connect the Chromecast to your mobile hotspot.
- Head to the control panel of your Android phone by swiping the top.
- Select the screen mirroring option from the list.
- Choose the right device.
- Check out whether it asks for a password or not. If your mobile device asks for a password, then it should pop up on your TV display.
- Boom! Now you should be able to cast your mobile screen to TV without using WIFI.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Without Using WIFI
Most of the modern TVs come with Airplay enabled, but the bad news is that you will need to connect your TV and mobile device to the same WIFI network.
If you don’t have a WIFI connection at home, you can still connect your iPhone to TV by following this guide.
You will need to have:
- A Lightning to HDMI Converter
- An HDMI Cable
Steps for Connecting iPhone to TV Without Using WIFI
- Connect the Lightning to HDMI cable to your iPhone.
- Attach the HDMI cable to the converter as well as your TV.
- Change the AV source using the TV remote.
- Voila, now you should be able to see your iPhone mirrored on the TV.
You can also use this setup to connect your iPad to the TV without using the WIFI.
How to Mirror iPhone to TV Using Apple TV Without WIFI
If you have an Apple TV at home and don’t want to get in the trouble of having different cables, and adapters, then you can also use your iPhone’s hotspot to connect it to the TV without using the WIFI.
You will need to activate mobile data on your cellphone to use the screen mirroring feature on your Apple TV.
Steps for Mirroring iPhone to TV Without Using WIFI
- Connect the Apple TV to your TV using one of the HDMI ports.
- Change the AV source of the TV using the TV remote.
- Now, you should see the setup screen of the Apple TV on your TV.
- Pass through the setup wizard on the Apple TV.
- Now, turn on the mobile hotspot on your cell phone, and connect it to the Apple TV.
- Head to the control panel of your iPhone and click on the screen mirroring feature.
- Boom! You will see all your iPhone content on your TV now.
You can use the exact same method to mirror an iPad screen to your TV with Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Mirror iPhone Screen to TV Without Using WIFI?
Yes, you can easily mirror the iPhone screen to TV using either of the above-given methods.
Can We Mirror iPhone Screen to TV Without Using WIFI Wirelessly?
Yes, you can use your mobile’s hotspot to connect the iPhone to the TV wirelessly. You need to have an Apple TV or Airplay enabled TV in order to connect your iPhone to TV wirelessly.
Can We Use The Same Process for the iPad?
Yes, you can use both of these methods for connecting the iPad to the TV.
If you don’t have a WIFI network at home, you can still mirror your mobile to TV using either of the methods given above.
We have also provided you two different methods that you can use to mirror your iPhone screen to TV without WIFI.
If you have any problem connecting your mobile to TV without WIFI, tell us in the comments section below.