Mounting the PC monitors, and LCD TVs through the VESA mounting arm is standard practice, and we all are experienced in mounting our monitors via the VESA system.
The process of mounting VESA compliant screens is easy like 123.
But, how about times when you do not have the VESA compliant monitor?
In this blog post, we will show you step-by-step, how to mount Samsung monitors without VESA.
That being said, let’s check out the details.
What is VESA?
The VESA(Video Electronics Standards Association) standard is the indication of the distance between the four different mounting holes present on the mount.
In other words, VESA defines the distance between the different holes present at the mounting stand for mounting your TV as well as monitors through it.
There is a specific size requirement that is strictly implemented by VESA in order to be VESA compliant.
Here are the VESA sizes:
- 5 mm x 75 mm
- 100 mm x 100 mm
- 200 mm x 200 mm
- 400 mm x 400 mm
- 600 mm x 400 mm
- 800 mm x 400 mm
How to Mount Monitor Without VESA – Steps
Enough talking about the VESA specifications, and sizes. Now, we are coming straight to the matter on how you can easily mount the Samsung or any monitor without requiring a VESA mount.
What Do You Need?
- You need to Have a VESA Conversion Kit.
- First, and foremost, take off the existing stand of your monitor, and take off all the screws from your monitor
- You need to get the right VESA conversion kit according to the screen size of your Samsung monitor.
- Attach all the four holders to the screen of your monitor from the backside.
- Now, attach the central steel kit to the holders, and tighten up all the screws.
- Finally, attach this monitor holder to the VESA mount, and you are good to go.
How to Check If My Monitor is VESA Supported?
To check whether your monitor or TV is VESA compliant or not, you have to measure the horizontal, and vertical distance between the holes present at the back of your monitor.
If the distance comes out to be the same as one of the above calculations, then it is VESA supported, otherwise, it is not.
How Does the VESA Conversion Kit Work?
The VESA conversion kit is a simple solution that allows you to mount your non-VESA compliant monitor to the VESA mount arm.
The VESA conversion kit comes with screen holders, that hold up the screen from the bezels, and then there are the VESA compliant holes at the back of the monitor, that finally connect the holders to the VESA standard mounting arm.
Advantages of VESA Conversion Kit
- The VESA conversion kit is super cheap, and you can easily get one under 30 bucks. In this way, you can cheaply get your work done.
- You do not have to buy a new monitor, in order to get your monitor mounted. You can easily mount your existing monitor by using a conversion kit.
- Lastly, the VESA conversion kit is super-reliable, and people have been using it for years without any problem.
Disadvantages of VESA Conversion Kit
- A conversion kit comes with arms that hold up the screen. Thus, it may look aesthetically unpleasing, as they show up on the side of the bezels.
- The process can take up a lot of time, and patience to get the conversions done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Mount Non-VESA Monitors to VESA Stand?
Yes, you can easily mount the non-VESA monitors to the VESA mounting stands using the VESA conversion kit. This kit allows you to attach your non-VESA compliant monitors to the VESA stands.
What Do We Need to Mount Non-VESA Monitors to VESA Stands?
You need to have a VESA conversion kit in order to connect your Non-VESA monitor to the VESA compliant stands. This kit holds your monitor through its holding arms, and the bracket at the back of the holding kit easily gets attached to the VESA mounting stand.
Is It Reliable to Attach Non-VESA Monitors to VESA Stand?
Yes, it’s completely hassle-free to connect the non-VESA monitors to the VESA mounting arm. Also, most of the stands are excellent at holding up the monitors for an extended period of time. In fact, there are many people who have been using these stands for years without any problem.
Mounting the monitors through the VESA mounting arm is a hassle-free task. But, there are times when we do not have a VESA-compliant monitor.
In this guide, we have shown a complete step-by-step process that shows how to mount the Samsung monitor without VESA.