Not everyone can afford a large screen television or monitor for streaming, but let’s be honest, we all want to experience large visuals of our favourite games, movies or shows in front of us.
If we tell you that there is a way by which you can connect multiple TVs and enjoy your favourite action movie on a big screen, would you believe us? Well, yes, there is a way through which you can connect multiple TVs and stream your favourite show from a single source.
For linking multiple televisions together, you do not need any extra receiver or cable that makes this entire process all the more convenient for the users. You must have seen multiple screens streaming the same thing in the mall for showrooms.
Therefore, streaming on multiple televisions from a single source is not an unusual or unique thing. If you also want to stream to various TVs from a single source, this article will help you know those techniques and ways.
Overview of the Article
In this article, we have included all the relevant things that you must know before you start with the streaming process, and by the end, we guarantee you that you will be able to enjoy and stream your favourite things on multiple screens.
Although there might be few implications of cost and tools that you will require in those techniques, we assure you that the method that will be discussed in this article is not highly expensive that you cannot afford.
Before we start with streaming on multiple TVs, let’s know how you can benefit from streaming on various screens.
Knowing how to stream on multiple screens from a single source comes with many benefits, not only in-home button offices.
Why is Multiple Screen Streaming Beneficial?
Multiple streaming is the best option for gamers who cannot afford a large screen monitor or television. For example, if you cannot use a large screen monitor for playing competitive games, you can connect two televisions from a single source and experience the best gameplay.
- Several gamers use it for playing the same games with their friends in different rooms. For which purpose you want to use it, you can get an outstanding gaming experience.
- In offices, multiple television streaming can help in proper presentation from the projector, and you can stream a similar thing in the various segments of your office.
- Even in house people can enjoy the same movie or show from different rooms by streaming the same content on different televisions.
Since streaming to multiple TVs comes with so many benefits, you must also know this technique, so let’s hope for a connection guide.
How to Stream to Multiple TVs Using a Single Source?
Whatever your purpose is for streaming to multiple TVs from a single source, there are few techniques that you can do on your own for connecting multiple TVs. Below, we will mention all the methods that you can try to make that happen without any hassle.
Technique 1: Use of HDMI Cable
The first technique requires an HDMI cable with which you can connect two television screens. Let’s see how.
- Arrange an HDMI cable. Make sure the length should be a hundred feet at maximum.
- After arranging an HDMI cable, you will also have to use an HDMI splitter to create two spots from the television that will connect to the media source.
- Setup the HDMI splitter and plug the HDMI cable into both televisions with one end connected to the media source that can be your laptop or mobile phone.
- Once you connect all the three things, test the television by starting them simultaneously.
- The HDMI cable technique works the best if the televisions are of the same model because then you will have similar display quality and consistent visuals.
Technique 2: Television Broad Link
The second technique is to use a television broadlink that can help you connect multiple TVs. With this technique, you can link more than two televisions together, and by the name, you can understand it on your own.
Television Broadlink is one of the most popular techniques, which is also used in several stadiums to display similar content to a larger audience.
- To properly use this technique, make sure that the number of televisions you are trying to connect is in even numbers. For example, you can connect 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and so on number screens to get excellent display quality.
- The television broadlink technique comes with two methods. The first one is a Daisy Chain style connection, and the second one is the video wall controller method. You can choose any one of these methods.
- If you are choosing the Daisy Chain style method, you will require an HDMI cable. However, both ways are used for displaying important content on the screen, and you can easily configure both methods to 2×2 settings.
Technique 3: Use Chromecast
The following technique that is used for streaming on multiple TVs using a single source is through Chromecast. Chromecast is one of the most efficient methods that you can use instead of using HDMI cables.
Since there is no use of cables and wires, it is one of the most hassle-free streaming options. Let’s see the steps of using this wireless connection to connect multiple TVs from a single source.
- The first step is you will have to down-load Chromecast along with its extension.
- Once you have installed the application, open it. When you open the application, you will see cast buttons on the top right corner of the control panel.
- The cast buttons are also represented by the two boxes that show the televisions connected.
- Now, all you have to do is start the content you want to stream on multiple televisions.
- After that, open the cast option and select the televisions on which you want to stream the content.
- Once you have enabled the cast option, you will see the content in front of you on your screen.
Chromecast is one of the easiest ways to stream on to multiple televisions; therefore, it is widely used by modern users to connect their devices to various TVs.
Often people use this method to stream competitive games, matches or hosting a larger streaming party.
Technique 4: Try RCA or S-Video Input
The last technique on this list for streaming on multiple TVs from a single source is using S-video input, also known as RCA. Let’s see the steps of this last technique.
- The first thing you have to check is that the televisions you are trying to connect must have a similar S-Video Input option.
- This technique is more relevant and advantageous if you have an HD designed television because they come with a wide range of inputs.
- You will require HDMI inputs for the connection as they are better and compatible with HD designed televisions, and they will offer HD video quality to the users.
- The third step is where you connect the input and output of the video with a video distribution amplifier. Finally, VDA bifurcates the single signal into two. Hence, allowing you to stream from a single source on multiple televisions.
- Connect the video distribution amplifier with the video cables of the two or more televisions that you want to connect to the media source.
- Now you can display whatever video inputs you want to see on your screen with the help of the remote control. The best thing about this function is that you can also use it on different monitors instead of only on the televisions.
So, these were the four techniques you can use for streaming on multiple televisions from a single source. Each method does not require you to invest much money if you already have an HDMI cable and Chromecast.
Suppose you do not have these things, then hardly your work can be done in around $70 and not more than that. All of these techniques will take approximately 20 minutes on average, and after that, you will be able to enjoy your games and movies on multiple TVs from a single source.
This is the end of this connection guide, and we hope these techniques will help you connect multiple TVs. We discussed numerous techniques and ways that you can try connecting multiple TVs to a single source.
However, you must note that out of these four techniques, which one is the best for you. In each method, you will have to invest a little money, and it is essential that whichever technique you use is affordable for you and compatible with your television.
Streaming on multiple TVs has a lot of benefits as you can enjoy similar things with your family in different rooms however the downside of streaming to a single source is that you won’t be able to play different channels simultaneously.
Moreover, the downside is not very big, so you can easily enjoy your streaming party with your friends and family after selecting the right linking approach for you as per your requirements.