To have the best visual experience while playing games using a gaming console, you need to ensure that the monitor you are using has excellent picture quality. If you already have a laptop with the best refresh rate and HD picture quality, you can easily use it as a monitor for your console.
It will hardly take seconds to set everything up and you can even carry it around with you where you wish to.
Can You Use Laptop as a Monitor for PS5?
Here in this article, you will get steps to connect the PS5 system to the laptop and then use it as a monitor screen.
- You just need to plug the PS5 system into the HDMI port of your laptop. This can be done by inserting the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of the laptop and then plugging in the other end into the system. This is because the HDMI is only meant for output and not input. Just remember that because of this fact of the HDMI cable you don’t need to have a display card or any other visual utility for the connection to be set up.
- Instead of the capture card utility you may use the screen recording option and this might be helpful for you. It works in the same manner as the capture card does.
- Now locate the USB port and then insert the capture card in that to establish the settings further.
- Now find the installation suite and then download the application to run the software on the PS5 model.
- Now, you need to make the console card work for the system. This need to be done carefully to get on to the next steps. After this is done hold on to the capture card and put the HDMI IN button on to initiate further.
- After the completion of the above-mentioned steps you need to download and set up the capture card settings. Just make the videos run for a while and if required you may adjust the contrast and brightness of your system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use my HP laptop as a monitor?
Just follow up on the steps given below to use your HP laptop as a monitor-
- Go on to the desktop of the system which you want to use as an external screen.
- Then, press Windows.
- Then select the orientation of your screen.
- Choose “Extend” and then proceed.
Can I use my laptop as a PlayStation monitor?
Yes, to use your laptop as a PlayStation monitor, you need to follow up on the steps given below-
- Take a USB type A cable and locate the same port on the system.
- Then, use the capture card and insert it into the same port of your system.
- Then install the software to view the capture card’s functioning.
- Then, adjust the contrast and brightness of your screen to see the desktop as a well-functioning system.
You need to have a good power supply for your system to work on. This is to avoid any disruption while performing the tasks.
Ensure that you have a 35-40% of battery in your system to avoid any mishap occurring in between. Also, follow the steps very carefully so that no fluctuations occur in between the process.