Nowadays, the utility of enabling connections between two computers to use them as one has become very common. It is easy to set up and also requires a very less amount of time. The setup connection requires just a small amount of hardware knowledge and a little knowledge of the software system.
The two computers need to be associated as one; this improves the sharing of files between the two systems, and also, the sharing of devices like a printer, a mouse, and a keyboard can be enabled very easily.
How to Use Two Computers as One?
This article talks about the steps to go on in order to establish the connection between two computers and make them one:
- Turn off both your systems that are going to be connected using an Ethernet connection.
- Get on an Ethernet cable. An Ethernet cable is preferred for such short-distance connections as they transmit good quality information between the two computers as well as do not affect the quality of information being transmitted. The effect of any type of interference is not reflected in the Ethernet cable connection.
- One end of the Ethernet cable is connected to the USB slot of one of the computers, and the other end of the cable is connected to the other USB slot of the other computer.
- Then, we turn on the two systems together. Ensure a continuous supply of electricity to both systems in order to prevent any power breakdown in between the connection process.
- Then, move on to the Start Button. A blue-color menu will open up, and the menu has an option of ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on the ‘Control Panel’ option. Then, select Network and Internet.
- Next, click on the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Then, select the Change Adapter Setting present on the upper-left-hand side of the window that opens up in front of you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use the same keyboard and mouse on two computers?
Yes, the same keyboard and mouse can be used on two computers. This can be achieved using a KVM switch and also following some additional set of steps to make the desirable changes in the system.
Are KVM switches worth it?
Yes, KVM switches are worth enabling a connection between a system and any other system or any other external device. You can use a single mouse and a single keyboard to connect the two computers and use them ultimately as one.
Thus, connecting two computers as one increases the performance of the combined system to manifolds. The connection is, however, a little space occupied in nature. So, to avoid any lack of space problem, you need to have a clear beforehand that in which room or on which desk you will set up the connection.
Also, the foremost thing is to have a good quality Ethernet cable and also a continuous power supply.